- What is the conference about?
The Behavioral Safety Now Conference, held annually in October, is the premier venue for collecting cutting-edge ideas and strategies for using behavioral technology to achieve your safety goals.
- Where and when is the conference?
The Behavioral Safety Now Conference will be held October 10-12 at the Hyatt Regency Houston in Houston, Texas (Hyatt Regency Houston, 1200 Louisiana Street, Houston, TX 77002).
- What time does the conference begin and end?
The conference officially kicks off at 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday, October 11th, 2017. It ends at 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 12, 2017. We also offer pre-conference workshops led by leaders in the field on Tuesday, October 10th, 2017.
- What are pre-conference workshops?
The pre-conference workshops are led by industry leaders and provide participants with in-depth information and discussion around the topic. There are both morning and afternoon sessions on October 10, 2017.
- For whom is this conference?
The Behavioral Safety Now conference includes an educational program for all levels of employees, including top management, supervisors and employees who:
- Want to learn how to integrate behavioral safety into their organization.
- Desire to update their knowledge on behavioral safety “best-industry practices.”
- Find it rewarding to share and compare their behavioral safety experiences with their peers.
Sessions cover topics such as Serious incident prevention, Safety culture, Employee engagement, Behavior-based safety, Coaching, Safety leadership, Proactive solutions, Performance improvement, Safety measurement, and more.
- What is the conference dress code?
As long as you are comfortable, we are happy.
Cost & Payment
- Is there early bird registration for the conference?
Yes, Early Bird registration is available until May 31, 2017.
- How much is general registration?
Registration fees for the conference and pre-conference workshops can be found here.
- What’s included in the cost of conference?
The conference fee includes:
- Audio recordings of conference sessions
- Continental breakfast and lunch each day
- Afternoon refreshments daily
- Conference tote bag
- Access to all Wednesday and Thursday sessions and BSN Exhibition
- Note: the conference fee does not include the pre-conference workshops
- How can I get a discount off of my registration fee?
We offer discounted registration to presenters and students. Please note that in order to qualify for the student rate, you must be able to demonstrate that you are carrying 15 or more credit hours as an undergraduate in a full-time capacity at a university or college, and not be employed full-time in the safety, environment or health fields. We also offer free registration to our volunteers. Please contact Liza Johnson to learn more about our volunteering opportunities.
- Can I pay less if I only attend one day of the conference?
We do not offer daily rates, but we may be able to make case-by-case exceptions. Please contact Liza Johnson to inquire about reduced daily-rates.
- How do I register for conference?
You can register online using this handy online portal which can be found in our registration section.
- Can I pay by check?
Our online system only accepts payment via credit card. If you require payment via a check, please register online and follow the directions for check payments.
- Can I pay on-site?
We do allow on-site registrations and payment. You will need to complete a form at the registration area and submit payment in the amount due for your registration.
- Can I transfer my registration to another person?
You will need to contact with the name of the original attendee and the individual replacing him/her. We may ask that you submit an updated registration form (that you will receive via email) so that we have all of the necessary details of the new attendee.
- Can I get my registration refunded?
Cancellations must be in writing and must be received no later than August 31, 2017. A $100 cancellation fee will be deducted from all refunds. Unfortunately, we aren't able to give refunds after the cut-off date because we have already confirmed meals and other expenses with the hotel. Please email cancellation requests to by the deadline or mail your cancellation request to: 14676 Diamondhead S, Montgomery, Texas 77356.
- When can I register until?
The online registrations officially close on October 5, 2017. We do allow on-site registrations if needed (see above).
- What meals are provided?
Your conference fee includes a continental breakfast, lunch, and afternoon refreshment break each day of the conference.
- What if I have a food allergy/intolerance of some sort?
Please be sure to include information about your allergies and/or intolerances when you complete your online registration by notifying Liza Johnson at , so that we can be sure to notify catering about meal needs. We will not be able to honor your requests if they are not included at the time of registration.
Transportation & Accommodations
- Where do I stay while attending the conference?
The BSN guest block is reserved at the Hyatt Regency Houston in Houston, Texas and is available for the nights of October 6 (Friday) through October 13 (Friday) - check out on Sunday, October 14. Be sure to book by September 15, 2017! If you require rooms earlier or later than the dates included in our room block, please be aware that regular hotel rates will apply. Go here for more info.
- How do I get to the hotel?
Hotel Address & Phone: Hyatt Regency Houston, 1200 Louisiana Street, Houston, Texas, USA, 77002, Tel: +1 713 654 1234
From George Bush Intercontinental Airport (26 miles):
Take Beltway 8 west to I-45 South. Exit at McKinney (left). Take McKinney to Milam. Turn right. Proceed 3 blocks to Polk and turn right. Turn right at Louisiana. Our Houston accommodations are on the right at the corner of Louisiana and Polk.
From Hobby Airport (12 miles):
Take 45 North and exit Scott St onto St. Joseph Pkwy. Turn right on Louisiana St. Proceed to Polk. Turn left at Polk. Enter motor lobby to our Houston accommodations on right at the corner of Louisiana and Polk.
From Points East:
Take I-10 West, then merge onto I-45 South. Follow remaining directions from George Bush Intercontinental Airport to hotel.
From Points North:
Take I-45 South. Follow remaining directions from George Bush Intercontinental Airport to hotel.
From Points West:
Take I-10 East, then merge onto I-45 South. Follow remaining directions from George Bush Intercontinental Airport to hotel.
Want to book your transportation?
Take the stress out of travel and allow us to book your transportation.
Book Now or call 713 654 1234
Is the venue wheelchair accessible?
Yes, the hotel is wheelchair accessible.
Speakers & Presenters
- What if I want to speak/present at the conference?
Applications are now open to present during our breakout sessions. For more information about our selection criteria and how to apply, visit this page. Applications will be accepted until July 1, 2017.
- What is the schedule for the conference?
Please continue to check back for updates on our 2017 line-up of keynotes, speakers and workshops. And while you're waiting for details, check out an online version of the agenda from last year's conference.
- Can I choose to attend only some of the sessions/events?
We want you to make the best use of your time with us, so we encourage attending as much as you can. However, your attendance at sessions and/or events is up to your discretion.
- What if I miss a session?
No problem...Our sessions are recorded! Each attendee will receive a DVD with audio recordings of the sessions for your future reference.
- When will the exhibition be open?
The exhibition will be open Wednesday and Thursday from 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- How can I exhibit at BSN2017?
Please visit this page for details.
- I have a question that hasn’t been answered. Where can I ask?
- For questions regarding presenting at BSN please contact Mike Johnson at
- For questions regarding registration or the hotel please contact Liza Johnson at
- For questions regarding exhibiting at or sponsorship BSN please contact Angelica Grindle at
- For anything else please feel free to . One of our conference coordinators would be glad to help you with whatever you need!